29 May, 08:08AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Taxi Drivers

Difficult to get a taxi from Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 to Punggol?

Subscribe to Difficult to get a taxi from Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 to Punggol? 23 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    363 posts since Aug '11
    • I realised that it is difficult to get a taxi from Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 to Punggol End from 1505hrs to 1535hrs.

I waited for a taxi along Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 today. Four taxis stopped but none of them want to send me to Punggol.

I hope I will not behave likewise when I become a taxi driver.

• Taxi drivers are not allowed to do the following:

Refuse to convey passengers without valid reason, when the taxi rooftop is displaying the “Taxi” sign.

Taxi drivers must display the appropriate sign at the taxi rooftop, such as “Busy” or “Changing Shift” if he is not able to pick up passengers.

Terminate the hiring of a taxi or require passengers to leave the taxi, without valid reason, before the passengers are conveyed to the destination.

Overcharge passengers or solicit for passengers.Verbally insult, intimidate or harass passengers. 

• What are the likely actions taken by LTA when a complaint of such nature is received?

11 posts since Mar '15
    10,941 posts since Jan '08
    • Ms Jerrel Phua video.

Taxi driver daughter well done.

who say customer are alway right?

Singapore rude taxi passenger Jerrel Phua

https://youtu.be/PU48ZQnV6fE

source Stomp.

Rude passenger yells at cabby for not picking him up at main road even though he stated "front of block" -- and that's not the worst part
      Posted on 15 March 2015  |  24,244 views  |  121 comments

A passenger was heard shouting at a cabby for not picking him up promptly and even proceeded to backseat drive, not allowing other cars to cut in front of him.

This Facebook video on All Singapore Stuff was shared by someone who seemed to be the cabby's daughter.

According to the timestamp, this incident occurred on Mar 13 at about 6.20pm.

The passenger was first heard shouting upon pickup:

"What the hell are you trying to do huh? I from there chase you all the way here, I from there wave wave wave you never see me?"

According to the video, this was because he had walked to the main road despite indicating "front of block", where the cabby was waiting.

He then demanded him to get him to Telok Ayer MRT by 6.30pm sharp -- despite being in the East at 6.18pm.

He also proceeded to make a few other demands: He did not allow the cabby to turn on the meter till they got to the junction, wanted to turn the air-con up, and even told him he could not let others "cut [his] road".

The cabby ended up giving him a $5 discount at the end of the trip.

Watch the video below to see what happened.

Edited by kinwashi 16 Mar `15, 9:52PM
    • Please don't come here Bla Bla here Bla Bla there see what happened.

Not alway Taxi Uncles or Taxi Auntie faults.

Don't come and teach us what to do.

Knowledge speak Wisdom listen.

Who are you by the way?

Coming here just dropped in this few lines.

• Just  so simple there are so many call-centres availble.

You name it they got it.

Easy Taxi, Grab Taxi and many others.

Just pay more how come, there are no taxis available.

you kidding.

You think rubber plantation in Malaysia.

13 posts since Mar '15
    363 posts since Aug '11
    • Majority of Singaporeans are good, honest and hard working people. So are our taxi drivers.

Customers are not always right. So are our taxi drivers.

There are many good and commendable taxi drivers in Singapore.

Some are retired army officers. Some are retired Police officers.

A taxi driver was arrested for trafficking of controlled drugs recently. He was arrested by CNB officers while he was driving a taxi. But that is just an one-off incident. So is the rude customer episode.

Thanks for sharing.

Wishing you good health and the best of luck in the years ahead.

• Father of rude taxi passenger blames himself for 'not teaching my son well'

PUBLISHED ON MAR 18, 2015 8:19 AM
       21.2K 1209 0 0PRINTEMAIL

According to Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao on Tuesday, the 77-year-old father of the passenger, who did not want to be named, blames himself for his son's tirade. -- PHOTO: LIANHE WANBAO

BY MELISSA HENG

SINGAPORE - The father of an infamously rude taxi passenger has admitted that his son was in the wrong and has shared his hopes that the public will let him and his son off.

A video exposing the passenger's bad-mannered behaviour, which went viral shortly after it was uploaded by the taxi driver's daughter on Saturday, has led to netizens revealing the passenger's identity, phone number, occupation and address.

In the video, the passenger - whose face is not shown - can be heard raising his voice at the cabby repeatedly throughout the journey. He called him a "blind bat" and accused him of trying to cheat him of his money.

According to Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao on Tuesday, the father of the passenger, who did not want to be named, blames himself for his son's tirade.

"If a son makes a mistake, the father is to blame. I did not educate my son well," he said.

When asked if his son could have been antagonised into losing his temper, the father insisted that his son was still the one at fault.

"Although the video looks incomplete and you can't really tell the full story, it is wrong to scold someone to that extent, no matter what. He should apologise to the driver," he told Wanbao.

Both father and son have been under great stress after the passenger's identity was leaked online.

"I don't even dare to take one step out of the door. I hope this issue will be settled quickly," said the 77-year-old.

Neighbours interviewed said they were surprised at the young man's behaviour. One woman told Wanbao that the person in the video did not seem like her neighbour at all.

"I've known him since he was little; he's always been very polite."

The taxi driver's 27-year-old daughter, who works in the media industry, has said that her family is open to an apology from the passenger.

"What he did was wrong, but people make mistakes and we can only choose to be a bigger person and forgive them." she said.

[email protected]

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/father-rude-taxi-passenger-blames-himself-not-teaching-m#sthash.up2ijiSJ.dpuf

• So your first criteria,  you can't get a taxi at ave 6 Amk?

Your Question.

I realised that it is difficult to get a taxi from Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 to Punggol End from 1505hrs to 1535hrs.

I waited for a taxi along Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 today. Four taxis stopped but none of them want to send me to Punggol.

I hope I will not behave likewise when I become a taxi driver

Your Answer.

You know what the reason you flagged 4 taxis none want to send you to Punggol.

Do you know at this time it's  changing shift slot. around 1505hrs onward to 1700hrs.

You said you flagged those four taxis most probably they are from Northern territory taxi drivers heading either Woodland, Sembawang, Nee Soon changing shift my experience.

Next what got to do with all the below posting.

You are going a little too far, telling us what to do.

with this bla Bla bla here.

So what got to do with your difficulty getting a taxi to get to your destination Punggol.

We know better than you. Don't teach us here.

The below.

This is a Taxi forum for sure we know all this. 

Thank you.

Taxi drivers are not allowed to do the following:

Refuse to convey passengers without valid reason, when the taxi rooftop is displaying the “Taxi” sign.

Taxi drivers must display the appropriate sign at the taxi rooftop, such as “Busy” or “Changing Shift” if he is not able to pick up passengers.

Terminate the hiring of a taxi or require passengers to leave the taxi, without valid reason, before the passengers are conveyed to the destination.

Overcharge passengers or solicit for passengers.Verbally insult, intimidate or harass passengers. 

Edited by kinwashi 18 Mar `15, 4:01PM
    • Who are you?

Rude Taxi Passenger.

http://rilek1corner.com/2015/03/15/rude-taxi-passenger-exposed/

Editor’s Note: We hope that this man will learn from this mistake and sincerely apologise to the taxi driver for his bad attitude and behaviour. As you can see, in the short time since the video of his actions went viral, contributors have stepped up to expose his identity. Goes to show how well-liked he is as a person. We hope he will change for the better after this episode and give others their due respect.

Source: www.allsingaporestuff.com

Edited by kinwashi 18 Mar `15, 3:59PM
    363 posts since Aug '11
    • Is it a fact that it is difficult to get a taxi from Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 to Punggol?

Why it is difficult to get a taxi from Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 to Punggol when they are 28736 taxis on the road as of Dec 2014?

• Let your Transport Minister know or let LTA know and maybe Taxi Association.

Why you cannot get a taxi at Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 

You alway got the right to ask, Customer alway right!

As a citizen you can.

There are paper general and graduates  and many smart people over there  many sure they can find out a solution fulfil your need.

Tell them in Hong Kong  taxis and Singapore taxis are not the same.

Taxi Service Information

Hong Kong Taxis at the Central Ferry PiersLike the rest of the world, Hong Kong taxis are a very convenient and inexpensive way of point-to-point travel throughout the city. And as in other major cities, they can be easily hailed on the street, booked by phone, ordered by a hotel concierge, or found at taxi stands. All taxis are able to carry four or five passengers. The number of seats is shown on a half moon shape plate in the front and rear of a taxi. A child under the age of 3 is not counted.

Currently, the taxi service counts over 18,000 vehicles: 15,250 of which are red taxis, 50 are blue taxis and others are green taxis. All taxis are metered and the drivers are required to display their driver IDs on the dashboard. Almost all drivers are able to understand or speak a little bit of English, and know all popular hotels and tourist attractions. But if you need to get to a specific place in the city, it is better to have a piece of paper with a destination name and address in both English and Chinese.

There are three types of taxis. Red taxis operate in urban areas. For those who prefer a taxi instead of the MTR, most of the rides will be on red taxis. They serve all destinations throughout the city (except the southern side of Lantau Island and Tung Chung Road). Green taxis operate in the New TerritoriesBlue taxis operate only on Lantau Island (except Discovery Bay).
      All taxis serve Hong Kong International Airport and Hong Kong Disneyland.

Fares and Extra Charges

The taxi fare depends on the distance traveled, plus additional charges, if any. Also, it varies depending on the type of taxi.
      The fare for red taxis starts from HK$20 and covers the first two kilometers. Every subsequent 200 meters or every minute of waiting cost HK$1.5. When the amount reaches HK$72.5, every subsequent 200 meters or 1 minute will cost HK$1.
      The fare for green taxis starts from HK$16.5 and covers the first two kilometers. Every subsequent 200 meters or every minute of waiting cost HK$1.3. When the amount reaches HK$55.5, every subsequent 200 meters or 1 minute will cost HK$1.
      The fare for blue taxis starts from HK$15 and covers the first two kilometers. Every subsequent 200 meters or every minute of waiting cost HK$1.3. When the amount reaches HK$132, every subsequent 200 meters or 1 minute will cost HK$1.2.

Red Taxi
      Red Taxi in Hong Kong
      Urban AreasGreen Taxi
      Green Taxi in Hong Kong
      The New TerritoriesBlue Taxi
      Blue Taxi in Hong Kong
      Lantau Island Extra Charges:
      - Every luggage, except light luggage carried inside the passenger compartment - HK$5 (HK$4 for green taxis).
      - Booking a taxi by phone - HK$5 (HK$4 for green taxis).
      - Every animal or bird - HK$5 (HK$4 for green taxis)
      - Also, additional payment is taken if the ride passes through a harbour tunnel. Usually, toll fee + return toll. First 2 kilometers or any part thereof: HK$20 HK$16.5 HK$15 Every subsequent 0.2 kilometers or every minute of waiting (or any part thereof): HK$1.5 HK$1.3 HK$1.3 Once the fare has reached the certain amount (see above),
      every subsequent 0.2 kilometers or every minute of waiting (or any part thereof): HK$1 HK$1 HK$1.2

Additional Information

Hints & Tips

- Carry small money. Passengers are required to pay the exact amount recorded by a taximeter, plus extra charges, if any. However, taxi drivers are not obliged to give change from HK$500 and HK$1,000 bank notes.
      - It is highly recommended to ask for a receipt before leaving the taxi. The receipt shows the taxi registration number, the start and end time of the journey, the total distance traveled, distance and time that were charged, surcharge and the total fare. If the driver says the receipt machine is not working, he is obligated to give a hand-written receipt. It will help to track the taxi in case of a complaint.

Important

- Hong Kong taxis are fitted with seat belts and all passengers are required by law to wear them.
      - If you have a complaint about a taxi, please call one of the numbers below or fill out the taxi complaint form.

Useful Numbers

ServiceNumber Transport Complaints Unit Hotline +852 2889 9999 Lost & Found 24hrs Hotline For Property Lost on Taxis +852 1872 920 Transport Department, General Enquiries +852 2804 2600 Police Hotline +852 2527 7177
      Related Photos
      Taxi - a Taxi Stand on Lockhart Road
      Taxi - Red Taxis in Hong Kong
      Taxi - Number of Seats (Front Side)
      Taxi - Number of Seats (Rear Side)

10 posts since Aug '11
    363 posts since Aug '11
    • Thank you for sharing the perspective of a taxi driver.

In short, we need to book a taxi if we want to go to Punggol or out of Punggol by taxi.

Please take this into consideration if you want to buy a flat in Punggol estate.

• Taxi flag-down rate up due to COEs

By Joy Fang
      My Paper
      Tuesday, Apr 23, 2013

SINGAPORE - If you hail one of 300 new Chevrolet Epica taxis operated by TransCab, expect to see a flag-down fare of $3.60 on the meter.

The transport operator rolled out a new fleet of such taxis in January this year and raised the flag-down fares for these cabs by 20 cents from $3.40.

The fare hike was due to higher Certificate of Entitlement (COE) prices at the time, said TransCab general manager Jasmine Tan yesterday.

She said the COE for the new fleet of taxis in January was about $90,000 per car, up from about $50,000 previously.

Some 1,000 taxis of the same model that TransCab rolled out in September 2011 continue to have a flag-down fare of $3.40.

Commuters will be able to differentiate the new taxis from the old by the colour of their window rims.

The older taxis have white window rims and white tops while the newer ones have red window rims instead.

The rise in COE prices is why rental rates for drivers differ for the two types of cabs as well, Ms Tan explained. The new ones cost drivers $123.05 a day, compared to $115.56 for the old.

A print advertisement about the change was placed in The New Paper in January, but the TransCab website does not display the new flag-down fares.

The change has caught commuters by surprise. Marketing executive Stephanie Lim, 25, who takes a taxi to work every day, said: "The difference in the appearances of the two cabs is minimal. It is not right to just raise fares like that, especially for the same type of cab." TransCab is the second-largest operator here with 4,300 taxis.

ComfortDelGro also rolled out 10 Hyundai i-40 taxis in December last year with a higher flag-down fare of $3.50 as part of a six-month trial. The largest taxi operator here could not be reached for comment despite repeated attempts yesterday.

Mr Ang Hin Kee, adviser for the National Taxi Association, pointed out that taxi companies find it challenging to fix flag-down fares due to the "unpredictable" nature of COE prices.

He said he has been urging the Land Transport Authority to view taxis as a form of public transport and to review the COE system for them.

Public Transport Council chairman Gerard Ee said that flag-down fares are not regulated and are subject to market forces.

"At the end of the day, it is about market demand. If people don't want to use the more-expensive ones, then operators certainly won't want to keep buying them and raising fares," he said.

[email protected]

1,992 posts since Nov '11
    • u say there r not enough taxis,but how come 6 out of 10 of my bookings always get hijacked by other taxis?

9 posts since Jan '15
    363 posts since Aug '11
    55 posts since May '15
    • Anyone drivers having problem finding pax at SK and PG after 7pm??

Always have to go back Hougang and AMK.

Cant believed such desnsed district, but no kang tao

Really sianz to end up there.

Please Login or Signup to reply.