01 Nov, 08:44AM in sunny Singapore!

Lim Swee Say warns Singaporeans

Subscribe to Lim Swee Say warns Singaporeans 70 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Hitman Submarine's Avatar
    314 posts since Mar '11
    • Originally posted by sbst275:

      now we've ex-civil servant who joined SDP giving a suicidal opinion

      We dun need e manufacturing sector. So we rely more on IR or other svs sector?

      The scholars tat e govt had selected eons ago

      So getting scholars of today's gen may not be good for opp either icon_lol.gif

      ex -scholar could be insane.if one studies too much one is bound to go nuts due to stress.some even end up doing stuff such as putting cameras in places thats not sensible for humans.read in straits times there are also these type of ex-scholars around in spore.

  • Vote PAP OUT to Save SG's Avatar
    2,215 posts since Apr '10
    • Originally posted by Hitman Submarine:


      50% is still a victory for PAP.

      it has to be like 40% or 30%.

      The main thing is at least 1/3 opposition seats in parliament to attack PAP policies.

      50%, 66.6%, 10% or 10000% also useless, the opposition must be in parliament.

       

  • Catknight's Avatar
    3,709 posts since Oct '07
    • "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
      -- Thomas Jefferson (3rd President of the United States (1801–1809)

  • Elite Hitman's Avatar
    176 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by Icerage:

      the pap had made it hard for the opposition to take over the reign but come to a time tat i rather lose a hand than a life.

      dun understand yr talkin on the mfg industrie, please clarified


      manufacturing was what every civilisation and rich country was made out from.from usa making B777 aircrafts,microchips intiation to even the humble chewing gum.and they all make plenty $$$$$$$$$$ for each state. japan is still having manufacturing n design of all its cars and other brand new design stuff. china makes lcd tvs same as japan and korea and manufactures all of it in high tech side. not seeing the potential of manufacturing is poor foresight and to even question stuff thats wanted in manufacturing makes one look dim.

    • Originally posted by Vote PAP OUT to Save SG:

      The main thing is at least 1/3 opposition seats in parliament to attack PAP policies.

      50%, 66.6%, 10% or 10000% also useless, the opposition must be in parliament.

       


      yes they should be in parliament.....but can they be trusted on bread n butter issues?salary?good jobs?

    • someone should warn lim suay say back also.

  • Shorter ninja's Avatar
    1,125 posts since Feb '10
    • The gamble started when Singapore got its independence.Back then you bet small money you win small money and everybody goes home happy.Later in the 80s you bet bigger money you win small money and everybody still get to go home happy.For the past many years it is like you bet big or small you you either lose or end up going nowhere.Now, being an 'addicted gambler' what do you do next? You know you cant quit gambling so you move to the next casino,play a different card game and hope for the best.

  • Icerage's Avatar
    273 posts since Feb '11
    • Originally posted by Elite Hitman:


      manufacturing was what every civilisation and rich country was made out from.from usa making B777 aircrafts,microchips intiation to even the humble chewing gum.and they all make plenty $$$$$$$$$$ for each state. japan is still having manufacturing n design of all its cars and other brand new design stuff. china makes lcd tvs same as japan and korea and manufactures all of it in high tech side. not seeing the potential of manufacturing is poor foresight and to even question stuff thats wanted in manufacturing makes one look dim.

      without innovations or talents, rich countries would not be able to produce tat aircraft, car or any products in the market.

      in manufacturin industries, u need many supporting industries to get it cookin, to produce 1 or more parts of the thousands parts in a aircraft or car.

      china manufacturing ind. is a copy machine, so did japan n korea

      so far, garment policies do not support innovators well

        

        

      Edited by Icerage 25 Apr `11, 10:14AM
  • Elite Hitman's Avatar
    176 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by Icerage:

      without innovations or talents, rich countries would not be able to produce tat aircraft, car or any products in the market.

      in manufacturin industries, u need many supporting industries to get it cookin, to produce 1 or more parts of the thousands parts in a aircraft or car.

      china manufacturing ind. is a copy machine, so did japan n korea

      so far, garment policies do not support innovators well

        

        


      the gov is not responsible for foreign usa genius bringin their high end products to be mass produced in spore.n these products invented by usa genius make $$$billions..not millions.

    • Originally posted by Icerage:

      without innovations or talents, rich countries would not be able to produce tat aircraft, car or any products in the market.

      in manufacturin industries, u need many supporting industries to get it cookin, to produce 1 or more parts of the thousands parts in a aircraft or car.

      china manufacturing ind. is a copy machine, so did japan n korea

      u just answered the question to why manufacturing should not be thrown out.its the industries created....and many of these can be modified to wewrk without humans.with the cost of computers n cheaper industrial systems.....they will be a steal as comared to old tech human labour from china,india etc.

      so far, garment policies do not support innovators well

        

        


      u just answered the question to why manufacturing should not be thrown out.its the industries created....and many of these can be modified to wewrk without humans.with the cost of computers n cheaper industrial systems.....they will be a steal as comared to old tech human labour from china,india etc.

      Edited by Elite Hitman 25 Apr `11, 10:42AM
  • Icerage's Avatar
    273 posts since Feb '11
    • Originally posted by Elite Hitman:


      the gov is not responsible for foreign usa genius bringin their high end products to be mass produced in spore.n these products invented by usa genius make $$$billions..not millions.


      which garment would bring high-end techno to other countries? - will u teach me your trade secret?

      the technos tat get into singapore for EDB to invest r either obsolete or being phrase out.

      Did EDB came out with a report on how much they invested n their profits n loss? 

       

       

      Edited by Icerage 25 Apr `11, 10:45AM
  • Elite Hitman's Avatar
    176 posts since Apr '11
    • ??

      Edited by Elite Hitman 25 Apr `11, 11:48AM
    • Originally posted by Icerage:


      which garment would bring high-end techno to other countries? - will u teach me your trade secret?

      the technos tat get into singapore for EDB to invest r either obsolete or being phrase out.

      Did EDB came out with a report on how much they invested n their profits n loss? 

       

       


      foreign gov cant control the rich and clever genius who own big company werldwide.its rare and nor seen often.u should pay attention to these folks. trade secrets?learn?obsolete?not good enough? its now up to noble and smart citizens of spore really to head the future of spore to prosperity.the old folks might have known a few things but they still need real people who are down to earth n practical to really build them.

  • dragg's Avatar
    49,302 posts since Mar '05
  • Elite Hitman's Avatar
    176 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by Icerage:


      which garment would bring high-end techno to other countries? - will u teach me your trade secret?

      the technos tat get into singapore for EDB to invest r either obsolete or being phrase out.

      Did EDB came out with a report on how much they invested n their profits n loss? 

       

       


      the same way why some soldiers within the sporean army might have their own personal weapons that are not saf issued. the same reason why some of them have a imposible marksmanship with a simple unmodified rifle. the same reason why some can live in a jungle filled with mud,scorpions and rain for weeks and grow strong while the rest freak out. its all in the person.the gov only kills n never helps that person much in any way....if they helped..its usually negligible.

  • Catknight's Avatar
    3,709 posts since Oct '07
    • The problem is modern economy is too complex for one ministry to resolve..it takes different ideas and channels to come out with different solutions..something that it difficult without a solid creative class

  • starwars8888's Avatar
    3 posts since Oct '05
  • Moderator
    Clivebenss's Avatar
    20,240 posts since Feb '10
    • Originally posted by starwars8888:

      If pap can gamble on casinos, why can’t I gamble on the opposition?

      nothing venture nothing gain.

      thumbs_up.png

       

  • shanfan's Avatar
    1,115 posts since Apr '11
  • Moderator
    likeyou's Avatar
    9,394 posts since Sep '06
Please Login or Signup to reply.