01 Nov, 12:28PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Food

Dinner Venue

Subscribe to Dinner Venue 31 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    3 posts since Aug '10
    • Just recently got to know a girl online.. want to take her out for dinner this coming sunday.. was agonising over where to bring her..

Problem is I have never been on a date before.... and I am an uncle liao.. I know i am quite a loser... Also havent thought what to plan to say during dinner or after dinner activities..

Anyway just posted here looking for some suggestion on an ideal dinner venue location for chit chat plus any tips for after dinner activities... I am thinking I wont treat it like a date but more getting to know more dinner.. just that its just between a guy and a girl..

Any gurus got advice for me??

7,456 posts since Aug '05
    • well, that depends on what you have in mind. after dinner, a stroll along the beach or a cuppa at the beach would be nice too.

636 posts since May '10
    6,785 posts since Apr '03
    40,831 posts since Apr '06
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    246,255 posts since Dec '99
    3 posts since Aug '10
    • Originally posted by SevenEleven:

well, that depends on what you have in mind. after dinner, a stroll along the beach or a cuppa at the beach would be nice too.

Just dinner to get to know more about the person... its gonna be like a blind date kinda thing as I only met her online.. However, i dont plan to see it like a date or anything.. more like a meetup to make new friends...

Budget wise i was thinking maybe 20-40 per person.. Is that too much or too little i really dont know :/

1,899 posts since Dec '06
    • Originally posted by FireIce:

rochester

dempsey

dempsey is like some place for young couples

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    246,255 posts since Dec '99
    • Originally posted by dangerboi:

sec sch kids cannot afford to go dempsey

7,075 posts since Jan '07
    • i think you have to approach this dinner date in a different direction......and not look from the cost perspective.

Now you know her thru internet.....i am sure you chat before....just remember what you chat about. read her profile and list down what she Likes and don't likes.

From there come up with activities and venue. What is important is that both of you enjoy rather than worry about the price .....

After all she too trust herself to another stranger like you.....look from her perspective....be a Gentlmen.

Edited by Arapahoe 05 Aug `10, 12:23AM
    948 posts since Jan '08
    • Originally posted by alwaysdisturbed:

equinox.

That is a place not to bring a potential girlfriend on a 1st date. Sends the wrong signal.

That however is a place to bring a 1 9 stand. Strike fast ...strike hard.... run faster.

Kind Regards

Genie

• Originally posted by dangerboi:

Young? .... more like a place for aunties. So boring ... I only go there to makan because its quiet and serene.

One of the pubs have free pool with live band so that's pretty decent as well.

Futhermore so out of the way even with car.

If I want to bring a potential girlfriend to a place makan just bring centrepoint at orchard one of those sushi trains then after still can see/see and window shop at shopping centre or find stuff to do since you at Orchard... can go watch movie or whatever..

Dempsey :P Go there catch mosquito

Kind Regards

Genie

3 posts since Aug '10
    • Originally posted by Genie99a:

Young? .... more like a place for aunties. So boring ... I only go there to makan because its quiet and serene.

One of the pubs have free pool with live band so that's pretty decent as well.

Futhermore so out of the way even with car.

If I want to bring a potential girlfriend to a place makan just bring centrepoint at orchard one of those sushi trains then after still can see/see and window shop at shopping centre or find stuff to do since you at Orchard... can go watch movie or whatever..

Dempsey :P Go there catch mosquito

Kind Regards

Genie

Thanks for your detailed advice.. you are right i might go somewhere normal like orchard road centrepoint for the first meetup (i wont even call it a date)... plenty of activities to do there after :)

67,643 posts since Dec '03
    • I remember my first date was the foodcourt at tiong bahru plaza, I had yong tau foo mee.icon_lol.gif

2,360 posts since Mar '09
    • nothing beats the romantic dinner at the highest balcony of a condo near marina area at midnite unless it is raining......

Edited by theme_and_guess 05 Aug `10, 9:10AM
    4,301 posts since Aug '07
    • Just a casual dinner follow by coffee at cafe.

Millenia Walk, Marina Square, Suntec City.

But first, check with her, what she likes to eat. Then suggest a place or two.

Just be yourself....

As for conversation, from hobbies to latest movies etc

Then see if can date her out for a movie etc

Good luck!!! wink.png

113 posts since May '10
    • Originally posted by Arapahoe:

i think you have to approach this dinner date in a different direction......and not look from the cost perspective.

Now you know her thru internet.....i am sure you chat before....just remember what you chat about. read her profile and list down what she Likes and don't likes.

From there come up with activities and venue. What is important is that both of you enjoy rather than worry about the price .....

After all she too trust herself to another stranger like you.....look from her perspective....be a Gentlmen.

I appreciate your response...I suggest you to go to Orchard road...You can do lot of activities there...

Edited by Jensysmithsg 05 Aug `10, 12:12PM
    59,279 posts since Jun '04
    • Originally posted by zoragirl:

Just a casual dinner follow by coffee at cafe.

Just be yourself....

Good luck!!! wink.png

x2

Not ideal for a movie on the 1st date because there will be no communication for a period of time.

Dinner & coffee is best

884 posts since Aug '09
    • first meetup with hubby was dinner at Garden Hotel icon_redface.gif

on my first birthday he brought me to Compass Rose icon_razz.gif

30,161 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by zoragirl:

Just a casual dinner follow by coffee at cafe.

Just be yourself....

Good luck!!! wink.png

x3

TS dun need to prepare for wedding spread or fine dining... Just a simple get-to-know-each-other dinner... preferably somewhere quiet (no Food Court)...

After dinner activities could be sitting down for coffee, or strolling ard suntec, marina square... Movie could be something if you both had interest in...

And for conversation topic... Since u both talk to each other online, I'm sure u both will be able to talk in person too... It's the same... Unless u refer "Hi, how are u. Fine. Thank you" as online conversation >___> Just remember to find common point of interest between u both... I'm sure there'll be something...

67,643 posts since Dec '03
    • I recommend you a nice western food cafe, can meet your budget, its called Prime Cut, and its along Simon road, just a short walk from kovan MRT.

Its just got on my ban list 2 weeks ago because of service. But thats my problem. Maybe you have better luck.

259 posts since Feb '10
    5 posts since Aug '10
    • Hi NeverBeenInLove,

Have you gone to your date? Hope i am not too late to suggest a place for you:)

You can try

1) Aston - At PS 4th Level. Affordable. Western food. Ard $10/ person. No GST, no service charge.

2)  Woody Pub Café - 12F Andrews Avenue Tel: 6758 1185

45% off A La Carte & Set Meals

(Min. spend of $45)

Free Ice Cream Sundae

(Min. spend of $80 on F&B)

(Valid on 9th August 2010 only)

20% off A La Carte & Set Meals

(Min Spend of $50)

15% discount on All Wines

(Valid from 1 Aug - 30 Sep 2010)

But this promotion is for NTUC members only.

3) Just Acia - At PS, or marina sq.

Food so so. But price affordable. For NTUC members also have 10% off ala carte food menu.

Edited by FireIce 06 Aug `10, 2:52PM
    348 posts since Aug '10
    • Don't go expensive restaurant on first date. Just go to those usual ones like Fish & Co., Botejyu, Swenson and such. After that head down to some cafe for a nice cup of coffee. Make it as much as a get to know you session. But don't keep asking questions. It's good to have some intellectual conversation. =) 

Talking about childhood can be a good topic. =)

113 posts since May '10
    • Originally posted by ditzy:

I recommend you a nice western food cafe, can meet your budget, its called Prime Cut, and its along Simon road, just a short walk from kovan MRT.

Its just got on my ban list 2 weeks ago because of service. But thats my problem. Maybe you have better luck.

Yes.. I ve been there to Prime Cut... Its economical too... You can know each other better... Restaurants allow you to conversate more! I suggest you not to go to Movie on your 1st meeting...u wont get good atmosphere to talk

Please Login or Signup to reply.