01 Nov, 05:55AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Food

I want it in Singapore

Subscribe to I want it in Singapore 25 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    4 posts since Mar '09
    • i guess all of you have that experience when travelling that you saw a certain thing, food or services that puts you in awe and you thought how nice would it be if it is found it singapore. hehe, sure there are a lot of unique things found overseas. share your experiences here.

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    246,253 posts since Dec '99
  • 我很cute的,我不会咬你的
    107,542 posts since Dec '03
    55 posts since Aug '10
    • PIZZA! Poor Singaporeans who haven't been to the US have no idea what good pizza is. I've tried all the ones I can find here, PIzzaHut, Canadian Pizza, Boston Pizza....they all sucks. Canada and Boston? hahah...when have they ever been known for their pizza?! 

The real pizza comes from the Eastern US, places like NY, PA, NJ....the kind of pizza that is covered in a sweet layer of orange grease. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. 

I miss US beef too...I'm not trying to be a red white and blue American here, it's just US beef is so much more tastier than AU and NZ beef. Mad Cow Disease aside, it's just better.

9,902 posts since Dec '06
    • Chewing Gum & Bubble Gum (Ya i know, can dream on)

Falafel (A Middle East Snack)

Dr Pepper

Penang Laksa

Udon noodles

Edited by bus555 05 Sep `10, 7:54PM
    55 posts since Aug '10
    9,902 posts since Dec '06
    55 posts since Aug '10
    7,290 posts since Dec '09
    • i recommend fried grasshoppers....very pop in bangkok....i heard the heads are nice like those prawns....maybe can try suck out the juice...good for complexion perhaps and making love....

though i have not tried....but i think it should be delicious for sg gals....

i do not know the sauce that goes with it, besides sambal chilli....must eat with lots of garlic...

if this is sold in Sg, it would be sensational....franchises would follow up....lol

• those who havent eat dunno what is shiok

123 posts since Aug '10
    7,290 posts since Dec '09
    • see how fried grasshoppers are eaten....FEEL THAT tantalizing and fried crispy effect on your tongue.....NEW SHOP NAME IS FCUK FRIED HOPPER ...come with HOPPER sauce.....

37,644 posts since Mar '05
    3,862 posts since Aug '06
    67,643 posts since Dec '03
    149,791 posts since Feb '01
    • argyle, sorry to burst your bubble about US beef.. but isn't most US beef pumped full of steroids, antibiotics and is "feedlot" beef where the cattle is fed unnatural things like rendered carcasses, grain and other crap to make it grow faster?

what i'd like is greek gyros..

not to be confused with Turkish kebabs, these are juicy and tender, not dry and tough... the tzakziki sauce, herbs and the pita makes a huge difference between this and the Turkish version

24,120 posts since Nov '03
    • Reindeer meat, pheasant, fresh apricots, quinoa, farmers markets, all kinds of pierogi, inexpensive Mexican food, fluffy tamales, Nainamo bars... my list can go on.

30,161 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by the Bear:

argyle, sorry to burst your bubble about US beef.. but isn't most US beef pumped full of steroids, antibiotics and is "feedlot" beef where the cattle is fed unnatural things like rendered carcasses, grain and other crap to make it grow faster?

what i'd like is greek gyros..

not to be confused with Turkish kebabs, these are juicy and tender, not dry and tough... the tzakziki sauce, herbs and the pita makes a huge difference between this and the Turkish version

ah bear... now u have shown this and incur my interest...

sg got anot ah???

• Originally posted by ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~:

ah bear... now u have shown this and incur my interest...

sg got anot ah???

if have, i would be eating it a lot.. ahahahha..

unfortunately, no... only can find that turkish version which i don't like.. the greek version is wonderful...

i'd travel to Melbourne again to eat it.. because Greece is too far away at the moment... ahahahahaha

one day.. i'll bring zora to the Greek islands... sipping ouzo over ice in the afternoon, under the shade of a tree in the sunshine of Greece.. now that'll be wonderful

59,279 posts since Jun '04
    • Pig Blood

Chicken Blood

Blood sausages

Alberta AAA Grade Beef.

Wild Boar Meat

This fruit they call Milk Fruit from Vietnam

• i miss the blood cubes...

*dreams about going to HK (and this time Macau) again for an extended gluttony tour*

55 posts since Aug '10
    • Originally posted by the Bear:

argyle, sorry to burst your bubble about US beef.. but isn't most US beef pumped full of steroids, antibiotics and is "feedlot" beef where the cattle is fed unnatural things like rendered carcasses, grain and other crap to make it grow faster?

Yes they are...but they taste so good. I hate to burst your bubble, but this world is so messed up, you have more to worry about that overfed and medicated beef. 

@Kuali Baba: I LOOOOOOVE pierogi! Where I'm from in PA, we eat them like french fries.

24,120 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by Argyle:

Yes they are...but they taste so good. I hate to burst your bubble, but this world is so messed up, you have more to worry about that overfed and medicated beef.

@Kuali Baba: I LOOOOOOVE pierogi! Where I'm from in PA, we eat them like french fries.

DIY carne asada here doesn't taste quite the same... but if you think grain-fed factory beef is great, wait til you try the Tallgrass pasture-fed beef. Most Australian and NZ beef here is pasture-fed, so imagine the world of difference that it makes.

Nevermind the pierogi made by Polish Americans or Trader Joe's, I've had it in Poland itself.

188 posts since Jul '06
    47,811 posts since Apr '05
    • i miss the beef tongue i had in france.. that was absolutely one of the best dishes i have ever tasted in my life..i can never forget it..

Please Login or Signup to reply.