01 Oct, 08:00PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Food

Candies from childhood

Subscribe to Candies from childhood 51 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    33 posts since Apr '11
    • Hmm yeah. Today I chanced upon the little bobdog cigarette candy in seng siong(dunno how to spell LOL). Sadly its packaged into a boot. selling along with other candies for 7.90. ouch. Anybody knows where to get them? As standalone packs?

Gosh. It has been like 12 years since i ate them? Remember it tasted good :P

Oh and does anyone know where to get the coloured quail egg candies that mama-stores used to sell? I cannot find them anymore too. =(

Thanks alot! :D

25,805 posts since Dec '99
    38,115 posts since Jun '05
    • coloured quail egg candies

Chinatown will sell it during CNY. My house here got parsa malam, i try to help you see got or not.

30,142 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by Darkness_hacker99:

coloured quail egg candies

Chinatown will sell it during CNY. My house here got parsa malam, i try to help you see got or not.

Dear Mod of Homework,

It's "Pasar Malam", not "Parsa Malam"

Thank you,

More good years ahead.

Anyway go to old places or shops in the neighbourhood shld still sell... quail egg chocolate still got dispenser in some shopping centre...

33 posts since Apr '11
    1,053 posts since Jul '11
    • Originally posted by Limenyang:

Hmm yeah. Today I chanced upon the little bobdog cigarette candy in seng siong(dunno how to spell LOL). Sadly its packaged into a boot. selling along with other candies for 7.90. ouch. Anybody knows where to get them? As standalone packs?

Gosh. It has been like 12 years since i ate them? Remember it tasted good :P

Oh and does anyone know where to get the coloured quail egg candies that mama-stores used to sell? I cannot find them anymore too. =(

Thanks alot! :D

those eggs are sweet outside but sour inside, right ?

• Originally posted by ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~:

Dear Mod of Homework,

It's "Pasar Malam", not "Parsa Malam"

Thank you,

More good years ahead.

Anyway go to old places or shops in the neighbourhood shld still sell... quail egg chocolate still got dispenser in some shopping centre...

Dear acid,

thank you for correcting my spelling mistake. Appreciated that angel.png more good years ahead. icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

• Got two version.

One is sweet outside, sour inside. There's also choco version.

Both version are quite common during my generation

33 posts since Apr '11
    • The one i rmb is sweet outside, sticky chewy centre(not sure if its sour) haha

nvr see choco before.

hmm no luck on the little bob dog cigarette? (i refuse to fork out 7.90 for an xmas boot LOL)

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    245,793 posts since Dec '99
    • that cigarette sweet ar, it's one of my favourite when I was young. because it's sooo sugary sweet! reminds me of many sweet memories while I was studying!

37,067 posts since Dec '02
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    245,793 posts since Dec '99
    30,142 posts since Oct '02
    • huai no one mention the one which is a packet of tidbit, buy le inside got toys de...?

Edited by ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~ 01 Dec `11, 9:11AM
    1,003 posts since Oct '11
    1,767 posts since Jul '09
    160 posts since Sep '11
    33 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by MooKu:

I doubt the candies i ate are from cadbury, more of cheap malaysia/indonesian made sugary egg candies :P (and they are not too hygenic i think, i tend to get ulcers after eating them haha)

7,290 posts since Dec '09
    33 posts since Apr '11
    • perhaps i should rename the thread to candies snacks and tidbits from childhood! haha. I also used to buy the beebee crab snack for only 10 cents per pack? Nice and cheap! Dun really see it now. Chanced upon it in a 1 dollar shop near Tampines 1. Anyone knows of any other location for it?

Edited by Limenyang 01 Dec `11, 7:49PM
    59,279 posts since Jun '04
    • There is also White Rabbit Candy and the Sour Plum Candy which was very popular during CNY

Not to mention the chewy candy squares wrapped in matt gold paper and the tiny colourful candy you find in jars at the clinic 

149,791 posts since Feb '01
    33 posts since Apr '11
    • ah! I also rmb the sour plum rolls(or is it liquorice?), wrapped in coloured shiny plastic sheets. haven eaten them in ages

149,791 posts since Feb '01
    59,279 posts since Jun '04
    • Originally posted by the Bear:

LOL was thinking about this

There were also this candy that dyed yr tongue blue

Please Login or Signup to reply.