24 Apr, 01:24AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

Singapore Ministry of Sound to close

Subscribe to Singapore Ministry of Sound to close 45 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    121 posts since Aug '05
    • Another one bites the dust, in less than 3 years.

-----

LIFEBRANDZ Ltd, a Singapore-based operator of bars and nightclubs, said it is closing its Ministry of Sound outlet in the city-state's Clarke Quay area, Bloomberg reported on Monday.

The licensing agreement LifeBrandz held with UK-based Ministry of Sound International Ltd. 'was terminated according to the terms' of the contract, the company said in a statement on Monday to the Singapore Exchange, without elaborating.

Operations at the Clarke Quay club ceased on Monday, according to the statement.

LifeBrandz will file a claim against Ministry of Sound International in Singapore's High Court, the statement said. No reason was given for the court action.

The company plans to 'redevelop the premises' into another entertainment area different from Ministry of Sound, said the Bloomberg report.

Two industry insiders told my paper that the barely-three-year-old superclub would be closed for rennovations and reopen with a brand-new concept and a new name.

A veteran DJ said he had been informed that the 40,000 sq ft venue at Clarke Quay would sport a band-cum-DJ concept in its next life, said my paper.

LifeBrandz is a Singapore mainboard-listed company that also runs The Balcony bar at The Heeren and a Cafe del Mar franchise in Sentosa.

It shut down its molecular gastronomy restaurant Aurum and its Italian eatery bice in May and June respectively. In August, restaurant-bar Barfly was taken over by Lunar, which LifeBrandz still runs.

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    265,921 posts since Dec '99
    • change name lah
      not relli close
      bcos they phucked up the reputation of MOS

uh oh... means my SJPS would be more crowded??!?!?!?!?!

15,364 posts since Jun '03
    68,869 posts since Dec '03
    2,590 posts since Apr '06
    68,869 posts since Dec '03
    3,862 posts since Aug '06
    7,209 posts since Jun '07
    • I've always wanted to visit MOS for drinks but the consistent queue keeps me away. Hai...

As long as nobody shuts down brewerkz and harrys icon_lol.gif

Edited by soleachip 06 Oct `08, 9:09PM
    1,708 posts since Feb '08
    • hmm....didn't know our gahmen have such a ministry in the 1st place....wat they do ahhh? sound control? sad.png

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    3,862 posts since Aug '06
    47,787 posts since Apr '05
    15,229 posts since Dec '04
    43,431 posts since Aug '05
    14,604 posts since Jun '06
    1,163 posts since Sep '03
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    7,002 posts since Jan '06
    766 posts since Apr '07
    43,431 posts since Aug '05
    2,748 posts since Aug '04
    • wtf is sjps? and please lah not another live-band/dj concept please....we have enough thai discos and dragonflies please...

6,522 posts since May '08
    • Originally posted by Hellraiza:

wtf is sjps? and please lah not another live-band/dj concept please....we have enough thai discos and dragonflies please...

st james power station lor...

• Originally posted by Pitot:

ya, ALL FLY TO ZOUK. please. icon_redface.gif

great... more preys at zouk for ONS

7,748 posts since Mar '04
    • you know... im still searching for those bric a brac shops that used to litter the cannery back then... damn MOS

16,470 posts since Oct '06
    • I was at MOS Bangkok a couple of times and then they closed.... I was at the Singapore MOS once and now they close...

.... moral of the story... if I want sjps to close, I should pay them a visit.... hahaha 

Please Login or Signup to reply.