20 Oct, 07:03PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

Concepts club services

Subscribe to Concepts club services 37 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    5 posts since Oct '11
    • I sign up some CVC in 2005 with a company called LGM and later in 2008, they called me up and ask me to top up to enable to get back my cash back earlier. After a year, I realised that the company closed down and another took over. In 2009, this company IGeneric called me and told me that the 1st contract is valid and 2nd is not. This time, he again asked me to top up so that i can get back my fund. I refuse to as i do not want to get cheated. After 2 years, this company Concepts club services, claim that they are representing CVC and will help me to get back the funds that i put in with LGM. This time, they again ask me to pay for a legal break of contract fee so that this enable me to take back my fund. This time round, they got me to meet up the lawyer but i have yet to meet up. Should i go ahead to pay them another $8K+ ? All in all for the 1st 2 case, I had paid up a total of $18K. Can someone advise me ???

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    246,054 posts since Dec '99
    5 posts since Oct '11
    • Fireice - Dont understd what do u mean i getting back $2K?

• year 2005 - i paid $10K, I did ulitise their service. I took trips in year 2006 and i got discount ard 20%. In year 2007, discount was not good. Ard $50 per trip i book. Then i stop using their service.

year 2008 - i paid $8K, it was a top up so to enable me to get a cash back early.

Total i paid $18K. This afternoon, I went down to Concepts club and they told me that i can terminate my membership and now my membership cost ard $32K, which is almost double the price i paid. They told me that i can get back this amount but i need to pay them $8K+ for the legal break of contract fee. This $32K will take about 4 to 12mths to pay me back. If they are not able to get back this $32K for me, they will refund me the $8K+. If they can get me the $32K, then I will not loss all the cash i invested.

Does anyone have this experience so that u guys can share with me. Should i go ahead to pay for the $8K+ and wait for them to get back the #32K ?

1,542 posts since Dec '07
    5 posts since Oct '11
    • hi jgho83

Concepts Club services is a company that does timeshare. They are also a company that does tour. CVC is another company that is in England. Previously, in 2005, I bought this timeshares fm LGM (this is a mktg company that represent CVC). They have a clause that I paid $10K for this membership but after using it for 7years, I still can get back $10k or more due to appreciation of the membership. My due date is in year 2013. Once reach mar 2013, I can get back what was invested.

After using their service for 2 years, I realised that the normal tour package is better pricing than them, i stop taking their services.

In 2008, I was called up by LGM again. This time they told me if i paid another $8K, i can terminate my membership in 2010 instead of mar 2013. Meaning to say i can get back my cash earlier. So I top up another $8K. This time they told me that estimated my membership will appreciate to $25K.

In 2009, I read thru the news that they had closed down, so I went to look for them. Sad that another company took over which is called IGeneric. They create a story and tell me that i need to top up another $7K so that i can get back all my monies, if not, the 2nd contract (top up in 2008) is not valid. This time i mad, i did not top up but I went to small claim case. They just did a record but nothing they can do.

This morning, last week Concept Club Services called me. They told me to go down as they would like to talk to me about my membership. I asked them to assist me to terminate the membership as i not using it. They told me since my membership is breach and i need to pay a breach of contract fee which is $8K+. They told me that my membership now cost around $32K. So if i pay them the $8K+, they will help me to get back the $32K which is almost all the monies that i invested.

I went thru the forum but nothing is on this Concepts Club services. I just want to check if anyone had been going thru like what i did. Do give me some advise should i still go on to pay these company.

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    246,054 posts since Dec '99
    2,931 posts since Nov '05
    • why does this sounds like a different version of the nigerian scam?

You give them $20k, then think something fishy, they say in order to get back $20k, you need to transfer another $10k to them for processing fee… if you don’t, then lose the $20k… and I suspect they will keep asking you to transfer until you are sucked dry… ($20k is an example, so dun say the amount wrong or what&#8230Wink

If I were you, I will be looking for legal advice.

5 posts since Oct '11
    30,628 posts since Jul '07
    • Are you so sure what you are going to see is a lawyer?? ask him for his Bar certification.

And please, wake up your bloody mind and stop seeing them anymore, the more you see, the more money you give, you tell me, in what organisation that you keep seeing them, you hv to keep paying them? If they want to sue you, tell them by all means, I guarantee the judge will favor you, and you may even get your money back +counter sue them back. They r only threatening you.

Didn't know that after the pyramid games, we still got this type of pattern of cheating, and if you tell me they are negros, i still can understand the nigeria scam, common, now it the white from England, no wonder they are selling their football club to asian, must be damn poor ang mo looking for money to go orchard tower and flirt.

If for me, long long F them already...pardon my ladyship

46 posts since Sep '11
    • Originally posted by Sbcss12:

thanks for all. Tml i will be seeing a lawyer on this

Hope you did not proceed with the termination of your CVC membership. You should have referred to my post regarding Concepts Club Services @ http://sgforums.com/forums/4027/topics/438856

38,115 posts since Jun '05
    3 posts since Dec '11
    • Hi SBCSS12,

Looks like you have been scammed the way I have. I also received a call from Concepts Club Services at POMO, their offer to get me back my $ paid to LGM simply sounded too good to be true. I searched on them and found this site that gave good information and thanks also to Good Samaritan for his good information. From your experience, now I understand their scheme. It is no different from all others.

There are so many of such scams around, actually run by similar persons, changing companies and names but I recognise them at different scam companies. They all want us to put in more $ after bad.

Once I called Commercial Affairs Department and informed them. They say they know and watching. Looks like still watching and doing little. Thousands of cheating is small beer to them, they would rather catch bigger fishes than such scammers.

I have resigned to reality that I was scammed and count my thousands as expensive lessons in life and written them off.

46 posts since Sep '11
    • Always remember...

AVOID USING GOOD MONEY TO CHASE AFTER BAD DEBTS

Please lodge a police report if you have any suspicion of fraudulent business activities or have been cheated by such companies. To date, CAD has received several complaints but is not in the stage yet to initiate an investigation.

1 post since Jan '12
    • hi, I'm still new here....

Recently been contact by concepts club service too......also regarding about the LGM case that my husband bought....okay what I don't understand is that when we bought the time share it indicate 99 years of time share....the LGM people said that we can sell it later..but too bad it cannot be sold off.....but my husband keep on paying the maintenance fee.....after a while, a company ENC(Emerald Network Consultancy) contact us saying that they can help us terminate our membership with LGM. We have to pay $8k for the lawyer to terminate the service....We never get to see the lawyer.....The lawyer claimed that he already terminated our service but till date we never received any termination letter from CVC itself indicating that we are no longer in their membership list...In the end, got cheated again...

This company ENC also closed down.

1 post since Jan '12
    • hi all, Especially Idayu 3167.

I'm new to this forum too.

Google CVC website and the 1st recommendation they give is "Do Not deal With Concepts Club Servives Pte Ltd - CVC and Concepts Club Services Pte Ltd have No relationship. CTS(Singapore) has closed and is no longer at Pomo Building, Selegie Rd Singapore.

I got a call from Concepts Club Services on Wed. Luckily I googled and found this. They called me again on 12 Jan and I told them to (pardon my french) "F*** off"

CTS (Concepts Travel Services) is no longer in PoMO, but they have been replaced by this Concepts Club Services Pte Ltd, occupying the same premises, right above Singapore Pools. You can see the office from the escalator. Maybe they just change names.

So Idayu, you can tell them to "F*** off" too.

30,628 posts since Jul '07
    46 posts since Sep '11
    • Originally posted by Idayu3167:

hi, I'm still new here....

Recently been contact by concepts club service too......also regarding about the LGM case that my husband bought....okay what I don't understand is that when we bought the time share it indicate 99 years of time share....the LGM people said that we can sell it later..but too bad it cannot be sold off.....but my husband keep on paying the maintenance fee.....after a while, a company ENC(Emerald Network Consultancy) contact us saying that they can help us terminate our membership with LGM. We have to pay $8k for the lawyer to terminate the service....We never get to see the lawyer.....The lawyer claimed that he already terminated our service but till date we never received any termination letter from CVC itself indicating that we are no longer in their membership list...In the end, got cheated again...

This company ENC also closed down.

I empathise with you as I was also misled by LGM to take up a 5-year CVC membership (with Cash Reward Scheme) in 2005.

FYI:

1. Please do not deal with Concepts Club Services as the company is not authorised to perform any transaction for CVC members. This was confirmed by CVC to me in Sep 2011, and a notice is also put up in CVC's website recently.

2. Emerald Network Cosultancy was set up and run by ex-LGM employees.

3. Maintenance Fee - Who do you pay it to? Are you certain that your membership is still active? If not, please check the status of your CVC membership by writing to <[email protected]>

4. Terminating CVC Membership - I believe you can do it directly with CVC (perhaps you may have to forgo the monies that you had spent to purchase the timeshare). Please check the procedure with <[email protected]>

• Pwn u.
    9,756 posts since Dec '05
    2 posts since Jan '12
    • I went to Concepts club services at Park Lane, and have a talk with them 4till 11.00 pm last night! They assured us tht they can buy out of contract by giving them  $11,880 !!!. Wow what a lot of money , and I m supposed to c them today before 12.00 to settle a downpaymayment of $3000 and the rest to pay after this CNY.

When I checked this morning abt teir company in website ...WHAT A SCAM !!!

1 post since Jan '12
    • Hi all, I read your posts with empathy.

I'm not FOR or AGAINST anyone, for I myself has been SCAMMED.

The thing is, has anyone here gone the whole distance, the whole "9 YARDS" with these recovery "companies" or CCS itself?

I mean, has anyone paid the whole ~ $12000 and waited 12 months for their money back and not getting anything out of it?

I know it's hard earned money being burnt. 

They always threaten us with compounding lapsed maintenance fee and such, but has anyone recieved any letter of demand from CVC for their arrears?

And if you have been paying your maintenance fees, who did you pay it to?

Care to share?

1 post since Jan '12
    • Hi folks,

Stop believing  any company can help to recover the money you have paid out.  The one and only solution is to go to court but there's also no guarantee. This is the hard truth. Treat it as an expensive lesson learnt and move on like I did. I had tried many avenues to pursue my case but achieved nothing because nothing apparently could be done while these scammers continue swindling others of their hard-earned money.

2 posts since Feb '12
    • Hi all.

I think alot of sporeans of CVC members already kena conned by these companies such as Concept Club Services pte ltd (Bobby Wiranto & others) & others. As presently at CVC website, it stated only i-Generic B&M PTE LTD as the legal agent for CVC members.

Anyway please do not believe these people claimed to be CVC agent or what-so-ever. I'm here is to get information abt these scammers as my brothers has been scam or cheated by these Bobby Wiranto of CCS.

Presently I'm assisting my brother to get back the deposit refund paid to them. Anyone know how to go by it?

(really feel like wanna to beat up that bobby & co for cheating on honest sporean ppl hard earn money and leave bobby & co dead by the longkang...icon_evil.gif of course we are also partly to be blamed for trusting easily with these people.)

46 posts since Sep '11
    • Originally posted by Kimo:

Hi all.

I think alot of sporeans of CVC members already kena conned by these companies such as Concept Club Services pte ltd (Bobby Wiranto & others) & others. As presently at CVC website, it stated only i-Generic B&M PTE LTD as the legal agent for CVC members.

Anyway please do not believe these people claimed to be CVC agent or what-so-ever. I'm here is to get information abt these scammers as my brothers has been scam or cheated by these Bobby Wiranto of CCS.

Presently I'm assisting my brother to get back the deposit refund paid to them. Anyone know how to go by it?

(really feel like wanna to beat up that bobby & co for cheating on honest sporean ppl hard earn money and leave bobby & co dead by the longkang...icon_evil.gif of course we are also partly to be blamed for trusting easily with these people.)

Has your brother cancelled the service agreement with CCS?

3 posts since Mar '12
    • Hi after reading the topic, i think i have been conned too. Concept Club Services arrange for us to go laywer to sign for the termination of our membership. We have paid them full amount of $9569. Please advice. Thank you

Please Login or Signup to reply.