25 Oct, 05:59PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

This is about slavery

Subscribe to This is about slavery 59 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    38 posts since Jun '10
    • Do we want more bad people to spice up our miserable lives? Do we really want that? If not why do we allow them to happen?

It is the same question as why we allowed ‘equal’ human beings like politicians, diplomats, dictators to dictate us, control us and to pee all over us and evidently informing us that it is just dirty rain.

There is a common understanding that something horrible is happening yet our generation remains silent, unmoving and weak.

We shaped our societies into police states, we nuclearize warheads and we continue to build more prisons. What’re we really preparing for- Global slavery?!
      Slavery was once abolished? No, the power allowed it to mutate, the supposedly rejected still exist.

We the people, the slaves, are either too ignorant or it’s a hush-hush topic that shouldn’t be discussed about.
      This is unhealthy.
      There is a decline in morality and empathy in our society and we should be allowed to talk about contemporary slavery! Let me give you some examples of some contorted strains of slavery.
      Sexual slavery, “there is demand, and there will be supply”.
      How infuriating, is that how our society is going to justify itself as they legalize prostitution? - Unfortunately yes, lonely old man, ah tiongs and Bangladeshi needs to unload too right?

Strong hand no feel, use support hand, support hand always feels like somebody else‘s, try it today, say no to prostitution.

How about child prostitution?
      Oh boy, did I just crossed the line, now that’s totally wrong isn’t it?
      So if there’s a huge demand to exploit children for commercial sex? Is the society is going to tell me that it’s different, that it will never allow such things to happen?
      Our world knows no boundaries under this capitalistic regime.
      In India, 40% of the commercial sex is provided by children, fark wow amirite? I’m pretty sure; there is probably no god now.

Let’s move on.

You get caught by the police for petty crimes and the po-po gave you 2 to 9 years. Who says it’s impossible to have all three, better, faster and cheaper, we have prisons for that sole purpose.

Prisoners are chained up to perform work like mechanical robots following routines and deadlines like everyone else expect their paid is cheaper than child’s labor, they live in a 6 by 6 cell and some foul play with the soap.

That’s why we’re enlarging our prisons. Instead of using pure force and domination, they wait patiently for you to make a mistake so they can feed you to the beast.

There too many types of venom that will eventually turn a man bad- disneyfication, consumerism, wage slavery, propagandas, religions and those feces from your black box or extremely enormous LED TV set where you just sit in there with your dilating eyes, shaking back and forth waiting for the commercial to end.

The most obvious and common one is CCTV; they’re putting up more and more CCTV to ‘protect’ you, the public is constantly under the watch by, probably some really fat and creepy dude.

CCTV is used as surveillance in prisons, airports, shopping malls and highly protected areas- not anymore they’ve invaded the schools, public transports and the corner of the stairs you and your lover(s) used to snuggle at.

They’re watching your every movement, raping your privacy and controlling your behaviors.
      Researches have shown that if you’re constantly being treated like criminals and terrorists, the more likely you’re going to behave like one.

There is always debt bondage, the most common slavery we struggle against every-single-day.

For those unfortunate kids like me, who aren’t lucky enough to be born in a rich family will understand the concept of working to death or at least coma after 18 hours’ worth of over time.

You work to consume and pay for the home you barely use except for sleeping and with your initial debts from your education or your parent’s.
      I’m not finished, the highlight of all that is you has the bills, the god damn bills, which kept coming and coming to the point you wish- you had a gun in your mouth.

In debt bondage, the slaves are rather unhappy with stress, diseases, anxiety and depression and all that.

The common advice is always to look at people living in the third world as you’re not showering in cow’s pee because I’m such a lucky busted.
      As if it going to solve anything by looking at dirty dead children, it only adds to the depression and hopelessness that showers the world.

There are always creative outlets for such unhappiness, from my own experience I use Microsoft word to write lengthy essay to express myself in a third person, whatever helps him sleep at night right?

Those poor salves will usually fall into vices such as unhealthy eating habits, smoking, prostitution, gambling, drinking and drugs.
      Further develop more health complications and difficulties that acquire medical care which only deepens the cesspit of debts.
      Especially those who’re hooked by the jaw, those addicts who are asphyxiate by their debts and their needs will force them to the extreme as they start a life of criminality and eventually reeling them into the prison system.

There goes the vicious cycle of prison, once you’re in the belly of the beast, working in the penal labor; it’s unlikely you’re getting out of the cycle. Kapeesh yellow ribbon?

8,961 posts since Sep '04
    6,432 posts since Aug '04
    204 posts since Jun '09
    30,151 posts since Oct '02
    6,635 posts since Dec '11
    140 posts since Dec '11
    • You have way too much time. You should burn out your frustration by going for jogging.

31,131 posts since Mar '05
    2,186 posts since Dec '11
    38 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by MagnificientDiagrams:

You have way too much time. You should burn out your frustration by going for jogging.

I work out everyday to keep myself sane.

• Okay, I think I understand your article. 

Yup, poor people are likes slaves, "tied to never-ending debt"

I also very poor, i have to downgrade my house and move to a smaller house, and my father had to take on debt from hdb....

and when i think about my future, its gets very scary.....

38,115 posts since Jun '05
    • Originally posted by Darkness_hacker99:

Always look at the bright side of life *wew wew wew wew wew wew wew*

thank you! :D

38 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by Summer hill:

Okay, I think I understand your article. 

Yup, poor people are likes slaves, "tied to never-ending debt"

I also very poor, i have to downgrade my house and move to a smaller house, and my father had to take on debt from hdb....

and when i think about my future, its gets very scary.....

I think I understand how you felt too.

My father once told me to see my future like a blank canvas, it is up to me, the artist, to paint my own destiny and to fufill my own dream.I used to be able to dream but the canvas started to crumble, slowly as each year passed, the canvas gets smaller and smaller. I can only hope to have the willpower to keep holding on to what's left.

Edited by Prevaricator 30 Dec `11, 7:12PM
    30,628 posts since Jul '07
    • There is nothing to scare about, at the end of the day, rich, poor, ugly, handsome, sexy or nice looking, all will be dust and ashes. By understanding the concept that nothing last forever, which is a reality by nature, you thinking will be widened and better enlightened, and when you are better enlightened, you see happiness, be it poor or rich, be bless that you are here and given a chance to past by to learn what is human.

31,131 posts since Mar '05
    • Originally posted by angel7030:

There is nothing to scare about, at the end of the day, rich, poor, ugly, handsome, sexy or nice looking, all will be dust and ashes. By understanding the concept that nothing last forever, which is a reality by nature, you thinking will be widened and better enlightened, and when you are better enlightened, you see happiness, be it poor or rich, be bless that you are here and given a chance to past by to learn what is human.

Words of wisdom. icon_lol.gif

1,714 posts since Aug '09
    • I am in awe....

angel7030 is very wise indeed.....

I am speechless....

Timely advice for the New Year....

Thank you, angel7030

38 posts since Jun '10

There is nothing to scare about, at the end of the day, rich, poor, ugly, handsome, sexy or nice looking, all will be dust and ashes. By understanding the concept that nothing last forever, which is a reality by nature, you thinking will be widened and better enlightened, and when you are better enlightened, you see happiness, be it poor or rich, be bless that you are here and given a chance to past by to learn what is human.

You think people who're born, people who obligate themselves to the law, the society and mere agreement, these people have a chance of happiness? You have better chance at striking lottery seven times in a row.

The ones who rule and the ones who kneel, do you understand the difference between bourgeois and proletarians. Where ignorant is bliss, the moron who stays in his proper place and the king who shyts on the moron's face.

No matter how you climb, you're always beneath, this is how the real world works.

In the pursuit of happiness, enlightenment will only bring misery and your little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

When they understand that nothing really matters, by your definition of "enlightened", happiness doesn't matter because "all will be dust and ashes".

You're nihilistic but you contradict yourself, the bliss and the blind, you're probably a closet atheist or a buddhist.

Edited by Prevaricator 31 Dec `11, 2:14AM
    • Dear Sir,

With all due respect for your seniority, I would say that in Life, there are many thing that is beyong our reach, with your age and the time you spent here for the past years, you should had known better than me.

Every man had his own idealogy of Life and the best system he thinks that can be the best, but that is his ideology, to idolise him or not is one wish and desire, to worship it and put one full faith on it. Too much of it can lead to extreme, and I hope you are not that extreme to be a extremist.

In fact, sociologist only talk about their own ideology with great hypothesis that describe the world they wanted it to be or governed, but most fail to understand what is the actual facts of a single life. When we are born, we are already a slave of this human world, we have to suffer and  struggle hard, we have to fight the virus of this world, we have to yell and cry for foods, and finally, with the 7 sins of human in you, you have to fight for toys and sweets with others as young as a year old. In adulthood, toys and sweets translate into money and power, and the struggling goes on and on. The question is therefore, why struggle and suffer?

I am not budhist nor an atheist, I am an Angel.

Life is not long, it is only a short spell of your journey, if you keep on mingle with hatre, dissatisfaction, jealous, frustration and envying kind of thought, then I feel so sorry, you never had live life to the fullest. To live live to the fullest, you must learn to be happy, and to be happy, you must remove the chain of all the above, and to remove the chain, it is only you, you yourself that holds the key to unlock your own freedom, having more hatre and frustration only add more locks and chains on you. Let go...

38 posts since Jun '10

Dear Sir,

With all due respect for your seniority, I would say that in Life, there are many thing that is beyong our reach, with your age and the time you spent here for the past years, you should had known better than me.

Every man had his own idealogy of Life and the best system he thinks that can be the best, but that is his ideology, to idolise him or not is one wish and desire, to worship it and put one full faith on it. Too much of it can lead to extreme, and I hope you are not that extreme to be a extremist.

In fact, sociologist only talk about their own ideology with great hypothesis that describe the world they wanted it to be or governed, but most fail to understand what is the actual facts of a single life. When we are born, we are already a slave of this human world, we have to suffer and  struggle hard, we have to fight the virus of this world, we have to yell and cry for foods, and finally, with the 7 sins of human in you, you have to fight for toys and sweets with others as young as a year old. In adulthood, toys and sweets translate into money and power, and the struggling goes on and on. The question is therefore, why struggle and suffer?

I am not budhist nor an atheist, I am an Angel.

Life is not long, it is only a short spell of your journey, if you keep on mingle with hatre, dissatisfaction, jealous, frustration and envying kind of thought, then I feel so sorry, you never had live life to the fullest. To live live to the fullest, you must learn to be happy, and to be happy, you must remove the chain of all the above, and to remove the chain, it is only you, you yourself that holds the key to unlock your own freedom, having more hatre and frustration only add more locks and chains on you. Let go...

What if, your suffering fuels your passion and your dissatisfaction motivates you to be better. Do you want to live in mediocrity, unmotivated and unmoving. The world is in the pursuit of happiness but to be happy, isn't it just another desire, the truth is happiness just a dream because happiness is biologically fixed since birth. Man abandoned their individuality becoming mechanical robots rooted in a fixed position. They gave up and gave in because the society created a generation of defeatist.

What is extreme? Nothing is of black or white, especially when I'm a singaporean, influenced by both the east and west. My perspective is mazed by the grey isthmus, I refused to be cooped in a cube, a piece of lego that is replaceable and hollow.

What lies beyond the isthmus is hyperboria, romanticized lands, an utopia, mystical, imaginary and non-existing. I am a hyperborean, I am a dreamer, I am a rebel, and you can label me anything you want.  I will push through because I refuse to flow with the river like a dead fish. In contrast, I'm fighting for my freedom as an individual, I fighting for my dreams, does that makes me an extremist?

Hey angel, so do you think I've lived life to the fullest?

• No sir, for most of your life, you carry with you too many pain, sorrow, hatre and a never ending satisfaction of life. If there are marks and grade given to life, how then can you expect to get full marks or a grade A life.

Dream create vision, from dream to reality, that is what most creator did, dream of an i with a phone, end up iphone. However, that vision must realistic and achieveable, if your dream to just for the sake of evading the reality and true of life, it is just a condolence dream, kind of like RIP dream.

Stubborness is borne in everyone, when to get stubborn, when not to get stubborn belongs to individual, but if stubborness is created because of your ego and pride of wanting to fight on to seek, in fact, an empty shell of your own thought, then you will become more stubborn and unreasonable, and that happens to most old men, most do not believe that they failed miserable, that they are old already, that they are weak and that they are 2 step into the box already.

A man can live all his life foolishly, but at the last breath, if he managed to perfectly or at least understand what is human, then he would had pass a full life. In reverse, a man full of power and riches, but at the last breath, if he still ask and show concern about his asset, money and power, then I would said, he dun even live as a human before.

38 posts since Jun '10

No sir, for most of your life, you carry with you too many pain, sorrow, hatre and a never ending satisfaction of life. If there are marks and grade given to life, how then can you expect to get full marks or a grade A life.

Dream create vision, from dream to reality, that is what most creator did, dream of an i with a phone, end up iphone. However, that vision must realistic and achieveable, if your dream to just for the sake of evading the reality and true of life, it is just a condolence dream, kind of like RIP dream.

Stubborness is borne in everyone, when to get stubborn, when not to get stubborn belongs to individual, but if stubborness is created because of your ego and pride of wanting to fight on to seek, in fact, an empty shell of your own thought, then you will become more stubborn and unreasonable, and that happens to most old men, most do not believe that they failed miserable, that they are old already, that they are weak and that they are 2 step into the box already.

A man can live all his life foolishly, but at the last breath, if he managed to perfectly or at least understand what is human, then he would had pass a full life. In reverse, a man full of power and riches, but at the last breath, if he still ask and show concern about his asset, money and power, then I would said, he dun even live as a human before.

Your way of life is not my cup of tea because you rather live as a fool in conformity than to understand what is worth fighting for. There is no such systems, you can't grade life or get a high score in life. You either had lived life or you don't. You probably don't even understand human rights, nonetheless talked about life itself. Again, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, go google the difference between a dream and a goal. The wright brother's dream is to take flight, it was a fool's dream back then, the Icarus's dream, they been criticized and laughed at, it took them a while but they became successful.  Failures are inevitable in life, but a defeatist will never try, it takes courage, paramount of courage to try again after a defeat. Apparently, you perceive it as something negative, what you see is stubbornness, what I see is determination, the potential willpower for greatness. 

Only a determined man will keep trying, history taught me that great man are foolish enough to dream and stubborn enough to keep trying. I only call tell you not to conform, it up to you to decide.

• Originally posted by Prevaricator:

Your way of life is not my cup of tea because you rather live as a fool in conformity than to understand what is worth fighting for. There is no such systems, you can't grade life or get a high score in life. You either had lived life or you don't. You probably don't even understand human rights, nonetheless talked about life itself. Again, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, go google the difference between a dream and a goal. The wright brother's dream is to take flight, it was a fool's dream back then, the Icarus's dream, they been criticized and laughed at, it took them a while but they became successful.  Failures are inevitable in life, but a defeatist will never try, it takes courage, paramount of courage to try again after a defeat. Apparently, you perceive it as something negative, what you see is stubbornness, what I see is determination, the potential willpower for greatness. 

Only a determined man will keep trying, history taught me that great man are foolish enough to dream and stubborn enough to keep trying. I only call tell you not to conform, it up to you to decide.

words of wisdom

8,961 posts since Sep '04
    • Originally posted by Prevaricator:

They way of life is certainly not your cup of tea.

But then you are your own fool.

You see the wart in others, but not in yourself.

38 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by mancha:

They way of life is certainly not your cup of tea.

But then you are your own fool.

You see the wart in others, but not in yourself.

I never said that I am perfect.

As I've already explained, I'm a hyperborean, I'm a dreamer, I'm a rebel and you can label me anything you want. A fool? Perhaps, replying to you might be idiopathic, but I regard your comment as a bump and I thank you.

Please Login or Signup to reply.