24 Jul, 10:42PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

Loanshark help.

Subscribe to Loanshark help. 42 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    5 posts since Jan '12
    • Hi guys.

Im currently facing loansharks problem. Let me begin by saying that i know how stupid I am and that I deserve fully for what's happening to me now. I wont even try to make up any excuse for myself.

To cut a long story short what happened was that i allowed a friend of mine to use my name and address to borrow from them. And now he has "run road" so i am made to carry everything. Total is around 6k+.

I already made it very clear to them that i am not going to pay them a single cent. (dont have the means to anyway) So now, I'm fully expecting them to come my house and harass. So far I havent made a police report but i will once they do something. My main question is that what is the best way to deter them from coming my place. The key word here is "deter" as the only thing i can do now is to make them think twice about coming my house. I'm already planning on installing CCTV. Anyone here who has similar experience dealing with them can offer some advise ? If it is not convenient, feel free to PM me..

Would appreciate any help.

38,115 posts since Jun '05
    • They not afraid of splashing paint or write O$P$ even if you have 10 CCTV outside your house. icon_razz.gif So far this is the first time I've seen somebody asking help for 'detering' methods. If you want you can try installing CCTV, I'm not too sure if it helps but no harm giving it a try.

5 posts since Jan '12
    •  

yup will be installing 2 cctv + plastic around my doors.any other advise

well bro..every little bit helps right. im prepared for this long war against them already..they wana harass, they can harass me how long ? 10 years 20 years? dont think so..

1,542 posts since Dec '07
    • U are fully aware your neighbours will see those O$P$ writings on the wall anyway right?

So i suggest u do it a more fun way.

Write BIG BIG "Hello runners, your face will be capture! =)"

Those runners, from what i watched from TV shows, are mostly teenagers who are recruited to help splash paint of artwork on your door. To prempt this, you can start by doing graffiti artwork on your own door step first too.

With that being said, runners are always changed, they are mostly young people or people who are in debt like u. To pay off their debt, they become a runner themselves.

But of course u dont follow suit!

Enjoy the paintwork.

5 posts since Jan '12
    •  

hi jgho83,

yes i am aware..and i cant help it if they target other areas of my block to write/paint. i deserve the humiliation etc that come from it so i just treat it as retribution for doing something wrong.

doing graffiti on my door first seems a little unnecessary tho..(not sure if joking)

1,542 posts since Dec '07
    5 posts since Jan '12
    946 posts since Jul '04
    • I thought nowadays they not only target those who own them money but as well as the nieghours?....remember read in newspaper they splash the neighbours door with paint 2....

In the first place since u want to borrow from loan shark...u should be prepare for wat is coming....they wun just harass u so simple la....if u drag too long they will start to beat the crap out of u including ur family members leh.....><"

Come to think of it....watever way u choose also jialat once u borrow money from loan sharkies....must be another gambling addict><"

30 posts since Dec '11
    • dude you need to be careful.. they are capable of harming your family members.. like waiting for your wife/daughter to go out before harrassing them.. since its 6k i would advise you to just pay.. you never know how much it will snowball into if you keep delaying..

• 我很cute的,我不会咬你的
    106,317 posts since Dec '03
    • i think it's better you just get the S$6000 and pay them once and for all, since you stupid enough to let your 'friend' borrow under your name

and never get close to any loan shark ever again

34,549 posts since Aug '05
    • your loan shark is a heartland kopitiam corner table operation or one of those registered "ahlong-finance.com" sort of thing ? ....

but then again I must say you deserve everything that's coming .... people always complain about loanshark haressment, how neighbours and innocent parties kenna, and how they can't be stamped out ....

well ..... it's people like you that keeps them going that's why ...

30,628 posts since Jul '07
    30,064 posts since Oct '02
    • Well, how does installing CCTV deter them? U put it in a clear place, they will most likely destroy it...

U hide it in a corner, they wont know and still splash paint... even if they got caught, the damage has been done...

Anyway, the loan shark still can get other runners to do the job...

though, installing plastic sheet on ur door and window sounds ingenious... but they maybe will still splash on the wall and floor... unless u can cover everything...

1,059 posts since Apr '08
    • 1.  if u not afraid of getting beaten up under HDB flat like 1 of my friends friends. its ok

2.  if u are not married and have wife and children, u perfer to bear it yrself . its ok

3.  if u are not staying with yr old parent, its ok .

if u have no2 or 3, then u better think of other better idea.

cause end of the day, the loansharks will look for them.

• i htink u might have to change the 6k to 8k now .........

49,302 posts since Mar '05
    • its only 6k.

ask your parents to pay for you first.  then you return back slowly.

take it as a lesson.  never ever be a guarantor.  its one of the silliest thing to do.

34,549 posts since Aug '05
    • Originally posted by ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~:

Well, how does installing CCTV deter them? U put it in a clear place, they will most likely destroy it...

U hide it in a corner, they wont know and still splash paint... even if they got caught, the damage has been done...

Anyway, the loan shark still can get other runners to do the job...

though, installing plastic sheet on ur door and window sounds ingenious... but they maybe will still splash on the wall and floor... unless u can cover everything...

dude, nowadays they'll go after your neighbours, not you ..... you can't get all your neighbours to install CCTV eh ? ...

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    244,772 posts since Dec '99
    2,466 posts since Jan '10
    •  

Penny wise pound foolish. icon_lol.gif

Install CCTV, the most the loan shark runner smash it. icon_lol.gif

$1,500 down the drain. icon_lol.gif

140 posts since Dec '11
  • Pwn u.
    9,756 posts since Dec '05
    30,064 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by Fatum:

dude, nowadays they'll go after your neighbours, not you ..... you can't get all your neighbours to install CCTV eh ? ...

well, true... though I still think installing cctv is a dumb idea...

They'll just smash it... icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

• 我很cute的,我不会咬你的
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    244,772 posts since Dec '99
  • 我很cute的,我不会咬你的
Please Login or Signup to reply.