25 Oct, 05:07AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

family quarrels over a hashbrown...

Subscribe to family quarrels over a hashbrown... 44 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    1,566 posts since Oct '06
    • Yesterday, 5 Feb Sunday, I was having breakfast at mcd at blk 600+ Hougang. Sitting beside my table is a family of 4 - husband, wife, brother and sister who's about 3-5 years old - provides some "morning entertainment" for me while I eat breakfast.

I was eating halfway then heard the mother (wife) scolding the son (brother) loudly for not sharing the hashbrown with the sister. They were supposed to share it by eating half each, but the brother was eating the whole hashbrown. Then the mother reprimanded the son loudly for eating so much that she "might as well order 5 meal sets" for him.

Thruout the whole scolding, the husband kept quiet and let the unreasonable wife dominates.

I felt so sorry for the son who's a cute little boy that I feel like taking $2 out of my wallet and buy 1 hashbrown for him. I mean guys tend to eat more than girls, so if he wanted to eat why the mother forbids esp when children are in a growing stage which needs nutrients and nourishment from food? She could have jolly well bought another hashbrown. If the parents are trying to save money, then don't go to mcd for breakfast. The husband is also another one, he could have said some words of reason to prevent a domestic liner being washed in public.

30,151 posts since Oct '02
    • hmmm, eating more is 1 thing... but maybe it's becoz small boy not sharing?

Kids are rather hard to teach to share things...

or maybe becoz the husband is house husband while wife is the one who brings home the bread? icon_lol.gif

or maybe the husband is a hushband icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

3,369 posts since Dec '10
    • Is the hashbrown made of stone? Just cut the hashbrown so he cannot eat one potato chunk more than his share of 50.0000%.

67,622 posts since Dec '03
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    246,129 posts since Dec '99
    1,829 posts since Sep '07
    • Well, its important to incalcate the value of sharing in our children, lest they grow up into spoilt, selfish individuals.

But on the other hand, the mcdonalds hash brown is so small, yet the parents still want to kids to share. Why so giam siap.

3,369 posts since Dec '10
    • Just like Singapore so small, but some people want 6 or 7 million people to share...

• Originally posted by ditzy:

Your entertainment is derived from small kids getting scolded? tsk tsk tsk.

Yes. Some mcd outlets got TV but the shows not nice. Eating in mcd alone is quite boring hence if got some real life entertainment, also good de. icon_lol.gif

• Originally posted by deathmaster:

Well, its important to incalcate the value of sharing in our children, lest they grow up into spoilt, selfish individuals.

But on the other hand, the mcdonalds hash brown is so small, yet the parents still want to kids to share. Why so giam siap.

That's a bad idea,actually. Better teach kids to be selfish and some office politics that will be useful when they grow up. In this world, you be kind and share things, it does not reciprocate thanks and appreciation.

Sometimes when you share things, people will think you're trying to showing off your good things or trying to bribe/curryflavour people with good things. Better keep good things to youself, such is the current state of this country. Sad but true................ icon_sad.gif

67,622 posts since Dec '03
    • The last time I had in house entertainment at a restaurant was vivocity no signboard, just last monday. There were these 3 ladies, 2 old ones, and 1 younger one seated in front of me. I think the older one was the mother in law or something, they were going to settle the bill, and then she suddenly retorted to the young one, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I ALWAYS MAKE YOU PAY?!?!" And then she took out a big wad of cash to replace the credit card her supposed daughter in law was putting out. And then they went on rambling all the way out the restaurant. Geeez.

38,115 posts since Jun '05
    365 posts since Feb '12
    • spore is reaaallly a sad place!!!damn hash brtown throw away in army also they fight over it......

500 years ago somewhere on planet earth,a mother was found scolding her lil kids cuz they kids didnt slice half of a potato to share with entire family.the singe tiny potato was about all they had for breakfast due to famines and war.

500 years later,some mother did the same thing n kids had nuts to eat.there must be a famine and a great war in spore.

Edited by Hitman Chief 06 Feb `12, 1:56PM
    • Originally posted by Darkness_hacker99:

I feel the same like TS, will go and buy another harshbrown for the kid smile.png

But the queue very long and I rushing off to sunday flea mrkt at chinatown. icon_lol.gif

• In house entertainment? I just mention ytd that during lunch @ subway, there's a couple at a table nearby...

when the guy came back, his face was rather black and he want on to ramble abt "The soul of a sandwich is the lettuce" and on and on and on and on... ... ...

so basically the whole conversation they had was the guy telling his partner abt sandwich and tons of studies on it...

I wonder if he had a PhD in Sandwich icon_lol.gif

I feel the same like TS, will go and buy another harshbrown for the kid smile.png

DH wan treat me eat hashbrown??? icon_lol.gif

365 posts since Feb '12
    • Originally posted by ^Acid^ aka s|aO^eH~:

In house entertainment? I just mention ytd that during lunch @ subway, there's a couple at a table nearby...

when the guy came back, his face was rather black and he want on to ramble abt "The soul of a sandwich is the lettuce" and on and on and on and on... ... ...

so basically the whole conversation they had was the guy telling his partner abt sandwich and tons of studies on it...

another sAD STORY.over a lettuce????think folks in spore no food n starving until turn insane.:(

damn PAP!!what on earth dey doin?

In house entertainment? I just mention ytd that during lunch @ subway, there's a couple at a table nearby...

WTF? This is gonna make my day good.

"The soul of a sandwich is the lettuce

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

• Maybe they first time dating? teeth.png

DH wan treat me eat hashbrown??? icon_lol.gif

dun wan leh tongue.png

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Seriously I nearly choked on my sandwich when I heard that... TMD funny sia...

Firstly, does he think he's some sort of sandwich guru???

secondly, lettuce is impt, so is the other stuff like meat and hams icon_lol.gif

3rdly, I wonder if he'll eat a sandwich with just bread and lettuce icon_lol.gif

and seriously, I wonder how can his partner tahan his rambling sia... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

365 posts since Feb '12

u know if a really stingy guy ordered a sammich with lettuce only....i believe he would say lettuce is the king of vegetables......soul of sammich  and foods of the gods etc etc.

• I used to love chicken and bacon ranch... but my taste changed to double meat italian... I was having double meat steak and cheese which was why it was doubly funny when tat guy mention abt lettuce... Lettuce is impt, but not when u have double the meat of steak icon_lol.gif

and honestly, if u like subway food type, u shld try Quinoz... It's MUCH better...

• The nearest subway branch is 15mins away from my place.

The nearest Quinoz branch is 45mins away from my palce omg.png

teeth.png I saw the interior design, very got the sub way feel, the seats more comfortable of cos.

The nearest subway branch is 15mins away from my place.

The nearest Quinoz branch is 45mins away from my palce omg.png

teeth.png I saw the interior design, very got the sub way feel, the seats more comfortable of cos.

Food standard deyyy~~~ Food standard~~~

and I bet the lettuce taste better then subway icon_lol.gif

Please Login or Signup to reply.