25 Oct, 04:33PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

low-value jobs for foreigners?

Subscribe to low-value jobs for foreigners? 21 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    107 posts since Apr '07
    • i was a staff in NUS attending a staff and graduate students orientation event and guess what when the event organizer asked the singaporans to raise their hand to do a headcount. Out of the fully packed engineering theatre 7A, only less than 10 ppl put up their hands and that includes me. dissapointing...

And I worked part-time at a banking office on the weekends. And once some pinoy accidentally left his payslip on the floor, i thought it was trash and took a look at it and I realized that guy was earning close to $8k per month and his degree was from some unknown university in the phillipines. damn...and to think our graduates pay hefty tuition loans just to get some $3k jobs. As far as I have known, the entire team of singaporean IT support in the bank has since been entirely replaced by FT from india already.

And working in a research lab, there is no suprise my entire workplace consists of only 3 singaporeans out of the 50+ people. I feel like a minority in my country. and worst of all, I duno whether to smile or frown when i talk to my foreign colleagues. Most of them do not intend to settle here. They are banking on the fact that they earn truckloads of money than compared in their native country. And in a few years time, they will return there to retire comfortably. and they do not intend to settle down in singapore at all.

Are all the above low-value jobs (e.g. banking and research)that no singaporeans wants to do? my fellow graduates from NUS has been unable even find these so-called "low-value jobs" because it has been taken up by foreigners.

im not against foreigners. I am a foreigner myself except that when our family moved over here in the 1970s, Singapore was still a developing country and the MRT line was not even built but my family eventually decided to sink our roots here and like many of the true-blue singaporeans, our hardwork made singapore to what it is today. Now the govt are letting all these foreigners (who do not intend to settle in singapore) in to enjoy the fruits of labour. I cant even think what would happen in 5 years time.

Okay enough bitching for tonight lol. bye

• i too pek chek, didnt bother to edit grammar spelling. paiseh ;)

67,629 posts since Dec '03
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    246,133 posts since Dec '99
    6,635 posts since Dec '11
    4,937 posts since Nov '11
    • then me low value and low skill job, sure condemn by white paper.

Most of the jobs singaporeans can do go to foreigners.    One period of time before the 2016 election there was news that they were slowing down to take in foreigners for employment.    In reality it was and is not.    Wasn't that a blatant lie from the ruling party>?

all kena conned.       

bosses here rather take in unrecognised qualification than locals.    worse that time the pap govt kept condemning locals by telling that locals are choosy and blah blah blah.   they use the media and many other means to condemn the people who feed them,

lhl, please get the hell out of singapore ..................................      there are constant increase in the number of people hating you, LEE HSIEN LOONG.    lee hsien loong is satan of singapore.

• Originally posted by Summer hill:

then what about political scientist/analyst? angry.png

also low value?

depends .... if they are in full support of the pap govt they are not     ..............

19,069 posts since Oct '09
    • Jiani, political analyst….....................
      to me, they are just high level tea leaf readers
      Laughing

11 posts since Feb '13
    • and yesterday's paper one Pinoy still got the cheek to write in saying FT only taking the jobs Singaporeans don't want...

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • Originally posted by isorisnt:

and yesterday's paper one Pinoy still got the cheek to write in saying FT only taking the jobs Singaporeans don't want...

at first is like tt..... 

then later encroach.........................

11 posts since Feb '13
    • Originally posted by FireIce:

at first is like tt..... 

then later encroach.........................

aiya. this topic I think no point talking about it alr. today saw news local employers prefer hiring foreigners over locals saying foreigners cheaper, more disciplined etc.

understandable, but disappointing still. just remind you, say one day you get rich and become boss, try to hire locals first lah hor.

• Patriot
    119,568 posts since Nov '03
    8,443 posts since Dec '05
    • dracas. pls dont look at yourself as a foreigner. 70s was a time way far back even before i was born. you should have already blendinto our society.

your company situation is really bad. its not like say in a factory where manual labor has many cheap foreign labor. they shouls practise the ratio of say 3 sgreans against 1 foreigner healthy leevl of hiring raio. its hard to imagine a 8k sg dollar salry to any post at all when that someone don even respect and know to keep his payslip/s 'private and confidential'!

such a talent indeed for his level.

Edited by troublemaker2005 21 Feb `13, 2:14AM
    107 posts since Apr '07
    • haha I went to see the doctor at pasir ris polyclinic and guess what? Its a pinoy lady doctor.....and also at sata jurong medical centre staffs are almost all foreigners as well. looks like now the local medical students who are spending hundreds of thousands for their medical education will gonna get screwed when they graduate. and are these low value jobs? I dont think so lol. And our company just hired another new colleague today....another FT from india! Guess it shouldnt be much of a suprise by now. I think Singapore is the only country who gives so much freebies to foreigners with no bonds attached. ironically a singaporean like me working in singapore is at the lowest rung of the ladder while all my supervisor, manager, director, are all from phillipines or india.

my friend told me the ministers cant see this trend because at the government/civil service workplace, the majority are still all singaporeans because of the sensitive information involved so they cant hire foreigners. IF ONLY the ministers have taken a look at the outside...

• all the fault and evildoing of lee hsien loong 

Please, will someone take out lee hsien loong's heart to see how black it is ........................ then let us know

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • tok about heart? i doubt hehas one.

• Originally posted by isorisnt:

and yesterday's paper one Pinoy still got the cheek to write in saying FT only taking the jobs Singaporeans don't want...

ask them next time you see one how they pronounce 'factory'. they will tell you to go and 'fucktree'.

6,635 posts since Dec '11
    • Originally posted by troublemaker2005:

tok about heart? i doubt hehas one.

if it does not have one to do all the good to give us good life it is better or best it   f o  ............

Please Login or Signup to reply.